What Is CML?
Chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) is a cancer of the bone marrow and blood. CML is usually diagnosed in its chronic phase when treatment is very effective for most patients.
What You Should Know
- CML is one of four main types of leukemia.
- Hematologists and oncologists are specialists who treat people who have CML or other types of blood cancer.
- Most CML patients are treated with daily oral drug therapy.
What You Should Do
- Talk with your doctor about your diagnostic tests and what the results mean.
- Make sure your doctor continually monitors your response to medication, which is essential to bringing your CML under control.